just discovered i'm an artist, not a writer, but do it anyway

My photo
EARTH, MILKY WAY GALAXY, United States

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Glitter Assassin

The first Glitter Assassin album was originally going to be a concept album. The story line was centered around "Alix Martin" who was living in Dallas in the early 90's. Alix has a strange life and even stranger dreams. As a result most of the first 20 -ish songs are about Alix or his experiances. There are many similarities between Alix and myself, approaching the songwriting method from this prospective was both different and refreshing as I'd never created this way in the past with any of my other bands. I set limitations so that I'd be forced to work with "less" which allowed me to focus more on the actual songwriting process and less on the actual musical parts. For example, I deliberatly didn't write a drum part I couldn't actually play. That should explain why the drums are so simple :-)

No comments: